Friday, September 17, 2010

An authentic life.

I think that every person I know has at some point struggled with being true to themselves. I know I have. Keeping up with the Joneses is the American way. It is a very hard habit to break. I am trying to remember what makes me feel happy and fulfilled is not necessarily popular or even socially accepted; and that is okay. For years I have hid behind nice material things. The brand new house and cars, big diamond rings, the newest and greatest. You know what... Not one of those items makes me feel good about me. The "success" is a joke. I now have to work a 9-5 job to keep up with this crap when all I really want to do is raise my two year old and be creative. I have a thousand ideas that I don't have the time to attempt.

This post is a reminder of what not to do. If you are living your life authentically already than I admire your bravery.

My goal is to enrich my life with wonderful friends and family and build a business that makes the people I interact with happier.

Tell me what makes your life authentic or what makes it difficult to be true to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment