Friday, November 5, 2010

Isn't everyone blessed?

Dreams Rosary Necklace

Dreams Rosary Necklace

John8eight

What makes John8eight rosaries and religious jewelry so unique? I start by taking jewelry that is broken, useless, unwanted and rejected.  I then take these pieces that society considers trash and use them for the service of the Lord. My rosaries are a reflection of what God does for so many of us. He takes what society considers outcast and rebels- the useless, broken, unwanted and rejected. Then God raises them above kings to glorify His name. -Michelle-
I could not have explained John8eight jewelry any better than Michelle did in her Etsy shop announcement so I have quoted her directly.

I recently had the pleasure of becoming (virtually) acquainted with Michelle.  She applied to become an Offbeat Weddings Etsy Team member.  Unfortunately, the team could not see a wedding connection to her rosaries.  I can tell you that I actually cried when the team voted no.  Personally I believe that any jewelry that has an emotional connection to an individual is a welcome addition to any wedding.  Rosaries are often wrapped around bouquet stems and I have witnessed them being used to bind a wedding couples' hands during the ceremony.  

I have no idea why Michelle's stories touched me or why I felt so strong of a connection to her.   Please take the time to visit her shop.  Read each item description.  Michelle has a talent that is so rare in this world.  She is authentic in her beliefs and her item descriptions are like Chicken soup for the Christian's soul.   I guarantee that you will be either inspired or uplifted.

To Michelle,
I am not a silly woman.  I don't cry at the drop of a hat.  It is often brought to my attention that I come off terse and too business like.  You have (if only for a while) turned me into a wilting, snot wiping, crying mess and I love you for it.

-Krissy
Chaplet of the Perpetual Cancer Can Kiss My Royal Butt Prayer Beads

Chaplet of the Perpetual Cancer Can Kiss My Royal Butt Prayer Beads

Ruth 1/16 Prayer Necklace

Ruth 1/16 Prayer Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment